The Brotherhood does not receive full financial or in-kind support from the Chicago Public School System, We are supported by kind individuals like you.
Here is a WISH LIST of things that we need to make our mentoring experience more worthwhile:
1. Several lap top computers and printers to be used during our weekly meetings to research homework and participate in membership meetings.
2. Uniform dress shirts/cardigan – The shirt costs $25.00/ cardigan cost $25
3. School bus transportation to attend enrichment opportunities in Chicago (average bus cost is $250)
4. Sponsor the members to attend the Fall and Spring Break College Tours (average cost is $8000).
5. Support of the Brotherhood Alums “Creativity Scholarship” where seniors are eligible to apply for a scholarship with limited funding. Last year the Brotherhood Alums raised over $1000 to assist senior members in the Brotherhood.
6. Three PAID INTERNS to implement the thirty week mentoring curriculum ($5000).
7. Alumni Memorial Scholarship to assist the young adult college members that are experiencing financial hardships ($1500).
8. City wide training conference conducted by the Brotherhood to teach other students how to create a school based male mentoring organization ($15000).
9. Full time Brotherhood Coordinator to manage the day to day operations of the high school organization and the alumni liaison ($75000).
10. Full time Media Specialist to update the website and social media ($15000).